Monday, March 7, 2011

Sketchbook Monday



I'm starting a new regular post topic, "Sketchbook Monday," in which I'll be posting a sketch that I whipped out in my sketchbook over the weekend.   A disclaimer, these sketches will not be suitable for framing!

But hey, I love to sketch and would like to improve my skill - and you'll see, there is plenty of room for growth here.   This also encourages me to photograph/sketch on the weekend with my family.  The kids love to draw and it's a great way to get them out of the house.

Sketching is a great alternative to photography - it really helps you understand your subject, whether it be a flower or a landscape or a face.

Above is my weekend Peony (taken from an old photograph - it was raining all weekend)...

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I've been wanting to start sketching in the garden for years, and you reminded me to move it toward the top of my list of things to do this year. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete